Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1st.

A beautiful Spring day today. Unfortunately our dog Piper tore a ligament this morning. She is a big dog as she is part Mastiff and we knew that  knee was not in good shape but it was quite a shock. Hopefully she'll get better on her own or she will have to have surgery.

I spent most of the day outside with my little one as she is learning to walk, it was a lot of fun. I did not get much done otherwise and I need to hurry and plant more seeds or we'll not have cool weather vegetables to last us until the summer crop takes over.

Lunch:

Fennel bulbs with a red onion, cooked in olive oil for a bit, then add chicken broth and simmer until tender. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.


Dinner:

Cut sausages in slices and cook in olive oil until browned. Remove from the pan. Add mushrooms and curly kale, cook for a while. Add chicken broth and after 5 mns add the reserved sausage. Simmer together for 15 mns.
Serve with rice.


We are waiting for a storm tomorrow... maybe I'll get lucky and get to garden a bit in the morning. That is, unless the baby wakes up at 5 am again and that I'm just too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment