Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 28.

Today:

I mostly helped my 10 year old on her project for school, a diorama...which should be looking really cool in a few days. and of course my one year old takes most of my time these days but tonight is my favorite early spring meal:


Chinese Kale, Pea Shoots and Eggs


Cut the kale and pea shoots bite size and fry ( in olive oil or bacon fat ) with new onions until tender, push the greens to the sides of the pan and cook eggs sunny side up in the center. Sprinkle with coriander or parsley.


Serve with thick slices of bread.




Both the kale and pea shoots are high in vitamin K and vitamin C and an excellent source of carotenoids ( which provides vitamin A ). Kale is also high in iron and calcium.


Full Moon Tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment