Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31st.

Summer is waning, summer is going. We are spending as much time outside as we can. We have a lot of clean up to do still. A lot of canning. A lot. This morning alone we harvested 25 lbs of tomatoes. Leaving plenty more on the vine because really, where am I going to put that many tomatoes? I need to clean out my freezer, that's what I need to do.
The thing is, it just really doesn't sound that appealing when I could be watching this:



Or this:

And this:



Or that:


But especially these:




It was a fantastic summer and I'm ready for fall.

On the menu tonight:

A Tomato Salad ( what else could I possibly do when I have more than 25lbs of tomatoes on my kitchen counter?) with Feta, lots of Basil, Sunflower Seeds, lots of Pepper, salt, Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.

And Corn on the Cob. And Ice Cream of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment